Many people do not know what to do with their eWaste, luckily Junk2Go are here to help make it easy. Junk2Go can collect your eWaste, right from your home or office. We’ll do our best to recycle eWaste where possible.
What is eWaste?
Electronic waste (eWaste) is waste from electronic products. Examples of e waste would be old or outdated versions of:
- cell phones
- printers and scanners
- cameras and video cameras
- vacuum cleaners
- DVD players
- gaming consoles
How to remove eWaste
eWaste can often be full of hazardous materials. Many electronics are made up of toxic substances like lead, mercury, cadmium, or brominated flame retardants. Therefore disposing of these items correctly is essential. The Junk2Go team can collect most items of eWaste and take care of its disposal for you.
Disposal of televisions
With the switchover to digital television many old television sets will now no longer receive the free network television channels unless you also have a SKY decoder or Freeview box. Many people prefer to get rid of their large, old, television sets, opting for the much newer and streamlined flat screens. Junk2Go will collect your old television set and cables and take them away.
Recycling computers and laptops
With technological advancements being made in computer and software technology, old hardware like desktop computers and laptops are very quickly becoming outdated. If you need to get rid of an old computer or laptop, Junk2Go can collect this right from your door.
eWaste disposal checklist
Before throwing away your old computer or laptop it’s important to make sure you have:
- retrieved everything private or confidential from the hard drive
- saved your old photos and videos on a portable hard drive or cloud storage
- deleted anything off the hard drive that you don’t want people seeing
- keep any part of the e waste that may still be useful g. memory cards from your camera, or your keyboard or mouse from your desktop computer
Other types of e Waste
If you have other types of e waste that you need disposed of but aren’t sure whether we can take it, please give us a call on 0800-586-524
Further reading about eWaste
- Ministry for the Environment – collecting transporting and storing waste electrical and electronic equipment